Saturday, February 16, 2013

I realized my topic of just drinking in college and debt accumulation might be a little difficult to do, so I think I am going to change it to more of "the life after college" type of essay. I want to show how choices made during college, and choices made before college can alter how much a person needs to pay back in loans once they graduate. I can work the issue of alcohol into there somewhere, but mainly talk about the struggle of paying back loans and financial aid. I liked the NY Times article (http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/10/business/college-costs-battled-a-paycheck-at-a-time.html) that was suggested because I think it ties a lot of my points together. One of the guys in the article says how he didn't have time to go out in college because of a part-time job. It will be easy to get more articles about horror stories of the "post-college" life, and I can incorporate various subtopics into this as well. I found another NY Times article about paying back college loans (http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/12/education/12college.html) and when I searched the topic on google, there were a lot more articles, than when I searched for articles about drinking and college.

No comments:

Post a Comment